Finding the right doctor following an injury at work is crucial. But with so much on your mind, you don’t want to add another item to your to-do list.
Workers’ Comp Doctors is here to make the task of finding workers’ compensation doctors in New York simple. Put our free resources to good use and get on the road to recovery after work-related injuries.
Workplace Injury Statistics in New York
According to the New York State Department of Labor, there were nearly 60,000 work-related injuries reported in the state in 2017. This number has been steadily increasing over the past few years and shows no signs of slowing down.
There are a variety of factors that contribute to this trend, but one of the main ones is the fact that the workforce is getting older. As people age, they are more susceptible to work-related injuries. This is due to a combination of factors, including the natural deterioration of the body and the accumulation of years of wear and tear.
Another factor that contributes to the increasing number of work-related injuries is the fact that more people are working in dangerous occupations. Jobs that involve heavy lifting, exposure to hazardous materials, or work in high-risk environments are all becoming more common. As the workforce shifts towards these types of occupations, the number of work-related injuries is likely to continue to rise.
If you have been injured on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Contact a workers’ comp doctor in New York today!
Common Work Injuries in New Jersey
There are many different types of work-related injuries that can occur in New Jersey. Some of the most common include:
- Strains and Sprains: Strains and sprains are some of the most common work-related injuries. They can occur when muscles or ligaments are stretched or torn, often as a result of lifting heavy objects or sudden movements.
- Back Injuries: They can be caused by a variety of things, including lifting heavy objects, bending awkwardly, or slipping and falling. Back injuries can range from mild to severe, and can lead to chronic pain, disability, and even death.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition caused by compression of the median nerve at the wrist. The condition can cause pain, tingling, and numbness in the hand and fingers. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common work-related injury, particularly for people who perform repetitive motions with their hands, such as typing or assembly line work.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Repetitive Motion Injuries (RMIs) are one of the most common types of work-related injuries. They occur when the same motion is repeated over and over again, resulting in strain on the muscles, tendons, or joints.
- Herniated Discs: Herniated discs are a common work-related injury. When a disc herniates, the inner gel-like material leaks out and puts pressure on the nearby nerves. This can cause pain, numbness, and weakness in the affected area.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common types of work-related injuries. They can occur in a variety of ways, including falling objects, motor vehicle accidents, and slips and falls. Symptoms of a head injury can vary depending on the severity of the injury, but may include headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, and ringing in the ears. If you have sustained a head injury, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
- Neck Injuries: Neck injuries can occur due to a variety of reasons, including repetitive motion, poor posture, and awkward positioning. Many times, these injuries are the result of a single event, such as a fall or car accident. However, they can also be the cumulative effect of years of poor posture or repetitive motion. If you have suffered a neck injury, it is important to seek medical attention from a workers’ comp doctor as soon as possible.
- Shoulder Injuries: Shoulder injuries are a common type of work-related injury. The shoulder is a complex joint that is made up of the shoulder blade, collarbone, and upper arm bone. The shoulder joint is held together by muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Elbow Injuries: Elbow injuries are common in the workplace. They can occur when workers use their arms repetitively or when they put too much force on their elbows. Elbow injuries can be painful and may limit a person’s ability to work.
- Wrist and Hand Injuries: Wrist and hand injuries are some of the most common work-related injuries. They can be caused by a variety of factors, including repetitive motion, overexertion, and falls. Symptoms of a wrist or hand injury include pain, swelling, numbness, and difficulty moving the affected area. Early diagnosis and treatment can help prevent further damage and promote healing.
- Hip and Thigh injuries: Hip and thigh injuries are some of the most common work-related injuries. They can be caused by a number of factors, including repetitive motion, lifting heavy objects, or falling. Symptoms of a hip or thigh injury include pain in the hip or thigh, stiffness, swelling, and bruising. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Early diagnosis and treatment can help prevent further damage and pain.
- Knee Injuries: Knee injuries are one of the most common types of work-related injuries. They can be caused by a number of factors, including repetitive motion, falls, and direct impact. Knee injuries can range from minor sprains and strains to more serious damage, such as torn ligaments or cartilage.
- Ankle and Foot Injuries: Foot and ankle injuries are among the most common workplace injuries. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, foot and ankle injuries accounted for more than 12% of all work-related injuries in 2017. The most common type of ankle injury is a sprained ankle, which occurs when the ligaments that support the ankle are stretched or torn. Other common types of ankle and foot injuries include fractures, dislocations, and tendinitis.
If you have been injured at work, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should also notify your employer about the injury and follow any instructions for filing a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation can help cover the cost of medical treatment and lost wages if you are unable to work due to your injury. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney can help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you receive the benefits you are entitled to.
We Help You Find a Range of Specialists
Every workplace injury is different, and so are your needs for a workers’ comp doctor. Some people will need chiropractic or physical therapy while others will need an orthopedist, physiatrist, or physical medicine specialist.
We want you to have the same great experience no matter the type of treating physician you need for workers’ compensation in New York. As such, we have a variety of specialties in our network.
Workers’ Comp Doctors can help you find an:
- Pain management specialist
- Physical therapist
- Spine specialist
Or we can help you find a multi-specialty group or get the diagnostic testing that you need.
Be Carefully When You Choose The Right Workers Compensation Doctors
While you could do a quick online search for a workers’ comp doctor in New York in the specialty you need, there is no guarantee about what you would find.
Will they have a good reputation?
Will they actually accept workers’ comp patients?
If they do accept you, will they know how to properly document your injuries?
Are they an authorized provider with the NYS Workers Compensation Board (NYS WCB)
By using our resources to find a workers’ comp doctor, you don’t have to worry about any of those things. We only include board-certified workers’ comp physicians in our listings.
Confidence in the Level of Care
Our strict requirements for board certification mean that you can count on every doctor we suggest to offer a high level of care. They will provide as pleasant of an experience as possible.
They will also have the experience and training needed to diagnose and treat your issues as promptly as possible. Any doctor listed under one of our specialties will have all of the certifications required to work in that specialty.
Experience in Workers’ Compensation Claims
The fact that all of our doctors specialize in workers’ compensation in New York also gives you plenty of benefits. To start, there is a higher chance that they have previously treated injuries like yours.
This helps with diagnosis and treatment. It can even help them give you an accurate estimate of the recovery process.
More importantly, they will also be familiar with the process of dealing with workers’ compensation New York. Specifically, they will know the ins and outs of the claims process and can conduct an independent medical examination if required. This, in turn, means that they are ready to assist you and ensure the process goes smoothly.
They understand the documentation required by workers’ comp and can provide the required documents. There is almost no risk of errors, improving the chances that your claim is approved on the first try.
Of course, the fact that everyone on our list is a workers’ comp doctor in New York also means that you won’t have to worry about whether they accept your payment method, whether workers’ compensation insurance, health maintenance organization (HMO) or preferred provider organization (PPO). Not all doctors are willing to accept workers’ compensation patients because doing so can sometimes be complicated.
Some doctors may also not support the fee schedule from workers’ comp. But you won’t have to worry about this by choosing one of the doctors we have selected.
What is an NYS Worker’s Comp Board-Authorized Medical Provider?
An NYS Worker’s Comp Board-Authorized Medical Provider (WCB-AMP) is a licensed medical professional who has been authorized by the New York State Worker’s Compensation Board to provide medical care and treatment to injured workers. WCB-AMPs are required to meet certain standards set by the Board, and must complete an approved training program before they can be authorized to provide care.
WCB-AMPs are responsible for providing all necessary medical care and treatment to injured workers, including diagnostic testing, prescription medications, and surgery. They must also keep accurate records of all treatments provided, and must notify the Workers’ Compensation Board of any changes in the injured worker’s condition.
The Workers’ Compensation Board may authorize more than one medical provider to care for an injured worker, depending on the severity of the injury and the need for specialized care. In some cases, the Board may also authorize a physical therapist or other health care professional to provide care.
If you have been injured at work, you should see a WCB-AMP as soon as possible. Your employer should provide you with a list of authorized providers in your area. You can also find a list of WCB-AMPs on the Board’s website. Or check out our free directory of workers comp doctors in New York.
What Are the Benefits of Seeing an Authorized Medical Provider?
There are many benefits to seeing an authorized medical provider, such as a doctor or nurse. These professionals are trained to provide quality care and can offer a variety of services that can improve your health. Here are some of the benefits of seeing an authorized medical provider:
1. Quality Care: Authorized medical providers are trained to provide high-quality care. They know how to diagnose and treat various conditions, and they can offer advice on how to stay healthy.
2. Variety of Services: Medical providers offer a variety of services, such as screenings and vaccinations, that can help you stay healthy. They can also provide information on healthier lifestyle choices, such as diet and exercise.
3. Improved Health: Seeing an authorized medical provider can improve your overall health. These professionals can help you manage chronic conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, and they can also provide information on how to prevent illnesses.
4. peace of Mind: Knowing that you are seeing a qualified medical professional can give you peace of mind. You can trust that these professionals will provide quality care and that they will make recommendations based on your best interests.
If you are looking for quality care and a variety of services, then seeing an authorized medical provider is the best choice for you. These professionals can offer many benefits that can improve your health and give you peace of mind.
Focus Your Efforts on Healing
With our assistance in finding a medical professional, you can focus your efforts on what is most important – healing. You will have less stress as you won’t have to call numerous doctors to find one that treats your injuries and accepts workers’ compensation. What could have taken all day to do will only take minutes.
This puts you on the road to recovery that much sooner. It also reduces the demands on your time. Now, you can focus on resting or other things, such as figuring out how to work with your injury – or if you can still work with it.
How It Works
We give the injured worker a few different ways to get started putting our resources to good use.
More importantly, we are a free resource. You won’t have to pay anything for our assistance. There is no expense for you, but you get to take advantage of our expertise in workplace injuries and our network of doctors.
We encourage you to call us. Our number is toll-free, and we are available 24/7. Just call (888) 533-0870 to get the process started and be one step closer to finding a workers’ comp doctor in the specialty you need.
If you prefer, you can also fill out our contact form. Just give us your name, phone number, email address, and zip code. We also have a section for you to tell us about what happened and how we can help. Of course, our team will go over that information in more detail with you when we respond.
Get a Helping Hand with the Claims Process
When you make an appointment with one of the workers’ comp physicians we recommend in New York, you do more than just put yourself on the road to recovery. You will also be getting a helping hand with the claims process.
It is impossible to overstate how important your doctor is when it comes to having your workers’ compensation insurance claim approved. Their documentation is crucial to showing the extent of your injuries and proving that the injuries were caused by an incident at work under New York law.
In other words, the right doctor will help you heal as well as ensure you don’t have to pay for your medical care out-of-pocket.
How to Prevent Injuries at Work
There are a few things you can do to prevent injuries at work. First, always follow safety guidelines and procedures. If you’re not sure what to do, ask your supervisor. Second, use proper body mechanics when lifting or performing other tasks. This means using your legs, not your back, to lift heavy objects. And third, take breaks often to rest your body and avoid fatigue.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions that may increase your risk of injury, be sure to tell your employer. They may be able to provide accommodations to help keep you safe. Finally, if you do experience an injury at work, report it immediately so that proper treatment can be provided.
About New York
New York is the largest city in the United States and one of the most populous cities in the world. With a population of over 8 million people, it is the most densely populated city in North America. New York City is a global center for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology, education, and entertainment. The city has been home to some of the world’s most famous landmarks such as the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty.
New York City is divided into five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island. Each borough is unique and has its own culture and attractions. Manhattan is the financial and business center of New York City. It is home to the New York Stock Exchange, the Nasdaq stock market, and many major corporations. Brooklyn is the most populous borough of New York City and is known for its cultural diversity. Queens is the largest borough in terms of land area and is home to JFK International Airport. The Bronx is the northernmost borough of New York City and is known for its high crime rate. Staten Island is the southernmost borough of New York City and is home to the Staten Island Ferry.
Hospitals in New York
There are many hospitals in New York, and each one offers different services. If you need medical care, it is important to choose the right hospital for your needs. Here are some tips to help you choose the best hospital for your situation:
– Check if the hospital is accredited. This means that it meets certain standards of quality.
– Find out what type of insurance the hospital accepts. This will help you save money on your medical bills.
– Read online reviews of the hospital. This will give you an idea of what other people think about the quality of care at the hospital.
– Ask your friends or family members if they have any recommendations.
Here is a list of some of the most popular hospitals in New York:
- NYU Langone Health
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Bellevue Hospital Center
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem
- NYU Winthrop Hospital
- Buffalo General Medical Center
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital
Take Advantage of Our Expertise and Resources
There is no reason for injured workers to put off connecting with a workers’ compensation board-certified doctor in New York. The sooner you see a doctor, the sooner you can receive a diagnosis and begin medical treatment.
Even if you feel fine, we suggest seeing a doctor, as some symptoms may take some time to appear. By seeing a doctor promptly, you reduce your risk of symptoms and ensure that your workers’ compensation injuries are correctly linked to your work activities. Doctors accept workers’ compensation insurance, no-fault, PIP (personal injury protection), medical liens, and other insurance plans. Same-day appointments may be available.